June 7, 2018
Due to uncertain weather Movie Night in Val Jean Park, originally scheduled for this weekend, has been postponed to Friday, June 22. We'll plan on the movie starting around dusk (8:30pm). Bring a blanket, chair and bug spray. Bring a blanket, chair, snacks, drinks (and bug spray just in case).
June 6, 2018
If you’re interested in building a new single-family home in Victor Gardens, here’s important news. Victor Gardens Community Association’s Architectural Review Committee (ARC) recently updated and published it’s Application Package for New Home Construction. ( Link: http://blog.victorgardensnews.org/p/arc.html ) The ARC’s improved review process streamlines and clarifies the process for builders.
Builders wishing to speed the review process should familiarize themselves with the document and submit proposals that are complete and detailed. Here’s a summary of 3 steps each builder must follow to submit new home proposals for the ARC’s review.
- Step 1 / Preliminary Concept Phase
- This first step is the least formal and it’s designed to provide initial feedback. Sketches and draft ideas are encouraged. Your Step 1 submission should show proposed massing, style selection, the home’s proposed location and other general concepts. It should take into consideration the design of neighboring homes and items listed in the Architectural Application form. You should allow for time to revise your Step 1 proposal after initial ARC feedback. The Community Manager will inform you if the ARC believes your submission is ready to move to Step 2.
- Step 2 / Preliminary Approval Phase
- After the ARC provides feedback based upon your Step 1 submittal you can move towards the Step 2 / Preliminary Approval Phase. This allows you to submit schematic home and site plans with enough detail to be reviewed by the ARC and potentially receive ARC’s preliminary approval.
- Step 3 / Final Architectural, Color and Landscape Approval Phase
- After the ARC invites you to proceed to Step 3, you can move forward to complete and submit the construction drawings and Certificate of Survey to submit for Final Review. This phase assures that the approved Step 2 preliminary plans match the final construction documents. Your Color Application and Landscape Application must be submitted at the same time as the final Architectural Application. Incomplete applications will slow your proposed home’s review. Do not order or install any materials prior to written approval. Upon successful completion of Step 3 the ARC will provide a written approval, which the City of Hugo requires for permitting.
Questions about this process should be directed to the ARC’s designated contact person, our Community Manager, Colleen Brown.
7100 Northland Circle N. Suite 300, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428