The Master Board chartered a new Landscape Committee at its quarterly meeting last night. The Board asks for one resident volunteer from each of Victor Gardens' sub-associations (two from the Single Family Village) to serve on this committee. Volunteers will help our Community Manager, Casey Groff oversee the health of Victor Gardens' plants, shrubs and trees, help oversee our snow-removal and landscape contractors, and serve as Community Manager's "eyes and ears". Committee members will not necessarily be responsible for hands-on planting, weeding, etc. Those tasks will be reserved for contractors hired by the association. The Board hopes that the new Landscape Committee will work cooperatively with our Community Manager and Board to help maintain the beauty of our neighborhood, and offer recommendations for its improvement.
Please pitch in and help! Volunteers are asked to sign-up with our Community Manager, Casey Groff (phone# 763-225-6498, email email@example.com). Please see the sign-up sheet for more info.
The following is text from the Landscape Committee Charter. It offers a more detailed explanation of the role of the committee and its volunteers:
Purpose of the Victor Gardens Community Association Landscape Committee:
- To oversee the health and well being of the landscaping and irrigation within Victor Gardens Community Association common areas and to submit written recommendations to the Board of Directors as to how to improve these areas.
- To form a relationship with the landscape contractor for the purpose of developing a long-term partnership, enhancing the quality of work performed, and enhancing the appearance of Victor Gardens Community Association. (It is important to understand that the day-to-day supervision and direction to the landscape contractor should be avoided and be channeled through the management company for consistency.)
- To represent Victor Gardens Community Association to any Washington County, or other local or federal agency as it relates to the Victor Gardens Community Association Landscape Plan and to report to the Board of Directors any concerns.
Responsibilities and Authority of the Victor Gardens Community Association Landscape Committee:
- Present to the Board of Directors for approval the committees recommendations for proposal and contract guidelines for the Victor Gardens Community Association landscape contract.
- Conduct monthly inspections of the Common Areas within Victor Gardens Community Association to make sure that they are in compliance with the Governing Documents, the Bailey’s Arbor Landscape Plan, and any County or Federal Regulations that the Association is responsible to uphold.
- Submit to the Community Manager on a monthly basis a list of areas that are not maintained, per the scope of work in the Landscape & Irrigation Contract within Victor Gardens Community Association.
- Conduct follow up inspections of said Common Areas to ensure contracted work has been completed, per the scope of work.
- Create requests for proposals and analysis for the Board of Directors for projects related to landscaping and Irrigation.
Organization of the Victor Gardens Community Association Landscape Committee:
The Landscape Committee shall consist of six members, two members representing Victor Gardens Single Family Village Homeowners Association, one representing Villas at Victor Gardens Condominium Association, one representing Gables at Victor Gardens, one representing North Village at Victor Gardens and one representing South Village at Victor Gardens.
The committee members shall be appointed by the Board of Directors of Victor Gardens Community Association and reviewed on an annual basis.
The terms of office for each committee member shall be varying terms from 1 through 3 years, unless otherwise removed by the Board of Directors.
The committee also has the authority to remove its own members with a vote of the majority of the committee.
The members of the committee shall appoint both the Chair and the Secretary of the committee.
The committee shall have a Board liaison, appointed by the Board of Directors that serves on the committee in addition to the committee members.
The Board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee.
People interested in serving on the Landscape Committee should complete and return a Committee Volunteer/Application Form to the Community Manager for consideration by the Board of Directors.
Operations of the Victor Gardens Community Association Landscape Committee:
The Landscape Committee shall meet monthly during the peak season (April through October) and every other month during the non-peak season.
The committee shall keep informal minutes of those meetings (one page or less). These minutes shall be approved by the committee, and forwarded to the Community Manager for record keeping, and the Board Liaison for reporting purposes.
The Landscape Committee is authorized to spend up to $25.00 per month for incidental supplies, etc. without additional approval from the Board of Directors.